what goes into your plate?

The Lenten holidays has done us good. Thanks to the long holidays, hubby and I found a lot of time to do some reflection and to bond with our kid longer at home. It's a good thing we weren't able to do our groceries just yet; so, the refrigerator is not really packed with a lot of food and we are not tempted to pig out. In fact, yesterday I skipped lunch without really meaning to. I ate the last crackers at ten a.m. that day, so I wasn't feeling hungry at all when husband announced lunch time. Oh, I wasn't really planning to go extreme on my diet because I also don't like to starve myself. So, rarely will you find me skipping meals because that will not bring about pleasing results. At least not to me. I do read somewhere that you can still achieve a healthier body even if you don't resort to starving yourself. Why would I starve myself when I can eat in moderation and achieve better results, anyway? In fact, a friend told me she achieved her desired body weight and shape through regular exercise and by eating in portions. She said she started to become disciplined in her eating habits after she realized that even if she prepared healthier meals, it still won't count if she ate in large amounts. Thus, along with her usual exercise routine, she lessened her intake of food (especially starchy foods or those rich in carbohydrates) and felt comfortable with the outcome. I learned she also made use of portion control dishes to help her with controlling the amount of food that goes into her plate and eventually to her stomach. Although I am aware that it is still up to us if we overindulge in our meals or not, somehow it is still a great idea to use portion control plates so that we are always reminded that we need to limit our intake of food. It's like your personal assistant that mentally sends this message "Note to self: That's just about it... No more second helpings, please!" :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on How to Effectively Apply Eye Shadow

how are you holding up?

that's my dad