learning from his grandmother

My husband told me that when he was a child, he used to borrow her grandmother's harmonica. He said he knew how to play with it but that was already a long time ago. If you ask him to play it now, he would probably need a week to revive his knowledge on how to play this musical instrument well. Grandmother-in-law's harmonica, by the way, is already 41 years old but it still looks as good as it sounds. Yes, it is still with her. Isn't that amazing? I personally saw it when we visited our in-laws when she showed it to me. There is no denying the number of years she had it with her as she did not forget to write on the box (something most elders her age would do) the date she received it as a gift from her husband. Yes, the casing on the harmonica is still very much in tact, even as of this time. I was really impressed at how she cherishes this gift. She even showed me samples of old songs she can remember playing with this instrument. So, when my husband started to look around lately for his own harmonica, I didn't object to it. In fact, I had hoped he would get us one already. After all, we can pass it on to our kid when she grows up. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on How to Effectively Apply Eye Shadow

how are you holding up?

that's my dad