preparing her for kindergarten school

I mentioned in my other blog that my little girl is almost ready for school. We have already found the school that she would be going to this coming school year. She will be four years old this coming March and her age by then would be just right for Kindergarten I. I tried to tell or ask the teacher who was in charge of admission that she has not even entered Nursery yet. I was a little worried that she might not be ready to write just yet. However, the teacher informed me that her age is more appropriate for K1; and so, husband and I had to defer to her judgment as well as the curriculum. If it were only up to me, I wished she had tried to be in a Playgroup first but I guess it's already too late for that. Anyhow, we're enrolling her for Summer for a month (on a playschool just near our house) just to immerse her on a classroom setting and to get her started on her writing. As parents, we also have our own sessions with her at home just to prepare her for kindergarten. Hopefully, she will learn more and have fun in school. Also, we're trying to get her to be completely without diapers. Right now, we're still letting her wear one but only when we're going somewhere and when she sleeps at night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the need for a dining room set

Tips on How to Effectively Apply Eye Shadow

married life - how's your listening skills?