spam calls are on the rise

Lately, I've been getting spam calls from my cell phone. I call them spam calls because, just like most junk e-mails, they're all unsolicited. What is not so right about it was that they are representing on behalf of a bank or insurance company. In fact, today, someone called me up and he said he is from a reputable bank. He even challenged me to verify his identity through a hotline number he randomly dictated. He said he called to offer automatic approval of credit card that's designed for women. Take note, it's automatic approval because I didn't apply for it but the person on the phone told me I am qualified and I get approved but only if I spare 3 minutes of my time to give him the important information that he needs. Hmmmm… Sounds fishy, right? He probably thought I would fall for it. I thought if he's from some reputable bank, he wouldn't have used a mobile number to begin with. When I declined and told the caller that I'm at work and won't be entertaining calls like that anymore, he apologized and hung up; but then after an hour or two, a new number is calling and a different voice is talking to me again for the same purpose. I'm not usually the type who is rude to people on the phone but I guess this is just one of those times that I really have to because they're just too annoyingly persistent and they're wasting my time. I wonder which part of my "NO" did they not understand? Even if they're genuine bank representatives, I tried to politely tell them I'm not interested. And who's been sharing my number to these spam callers? Now I'm really close to getting a new number. Blocking numbers wouldn't help since they can always use another disposable one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on How to Effectively Apply Eye Shadow

how are you holding up?

that's my dad