just a hot... hot dog!

[The paragraphs you will read below are from my mommy Diana's journal. Even though she has already joined our Creator, I still feel very much connected to her in many ways, especially because I kept her journals with me. I've always loved her funny and natural way of telling her experiences even though I know that sometimes there are emotional or sad stories behind them, just like this one.. Read on if you are curious. :-)]

I was inside a room in a hospital, I wasn't supposed to enter... of course, I can read numbers, have virtually memorized the room I was always visiting and sometimes doing some attendance ... the patient was a dear person in my heart.

Naturally, to go back in that room was instinct. I forgot that my patient has insinuated the other day that he will transfer to a very expensive suite 'coz staying there for almost a month was flagellation if he won't transfer. The attending nurse had announced earlier there was now a vacancy on that long coveted expensive ward. This ward is just like a hotel suite with all the trimmings and provisions for the patient.

But habit is always a habit, and I entered a room where a man was naked below his abdomen, feet suspended in the air.

One thing you must know my eyes were blaring 'coz I was crying before I went for a visit due to some misunderstandings. Words easily came to my memory bank, registered in my heart and got some tickets from my tear glands. I was really sobbing 'though how much I tried to hide or amuse myself so I won't be an onion skin when it comes to sarcastic remarks.

It was abrupt, my reaction to this suspended bare feet and the black hairs above it.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I walked away after I got stunned. Some of the attendants there thought I was the wife!

When I went to the canteen to calm myself, I went near the person in-charge of cooking. He was in the middle of turning over a red hot dog to the other side.

"Hot dog, Ma'am!", he offered, and was stunned when I laughed and left to find another canteen.

:-)

Comments

  1. hahah! si-aw jud ni si mommy D dah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well.. that's something to laugh about, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...bottom's UP! That's funny!

    I wonder why the patient was in that position?

    ReplyDelete
  4. bchai, i am not sure but in her more detailed journal, she had mentioned about a victim of a collision...

    thank you all guys for laughing with me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love reading your mom's journal entries! What a funny story!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the need for a dining room set

Tips on How to Effectively Apply Eye Shadow

that's my dad