post-birthday treat, reunion and then some

Another reunion took place on a weekend.

This time, I met up with some of my ex-workmates. Thanks to our friend Jenn who invited us over for her post-birthday treat, we again had the chance to catch up on each other. You see, we were all busy (work, family, lovelife, etc.) that we didn't even think about hanging out for old time's sake. Although there's Facebook, nothing beats having real conversations and seeing friends in the flesh.



To be honest, though, I do have apprehensions about going to reunions like this. Sure, I would love to see them but I knew friends would surely notice how I wasn't able to manage my weight well after entering the motherhood phase. And I was right. One friend didn't think twice about telling me how scared she would be if she had grown to my size after giving birth herself. Ouch! I thought that was a little on the offensive side but, anyway, I thought she only mean well and I was probably getting too sensitive. So, I just pretended not to hear it - the price I had to pay for being plump and overweight. :-)


Anyway, my ever-supportive husband is going to buy me shoes for running soon. I also thought of starving myself. But what to do?  I can't help it - I want to eat when I am hungry or when I'm craving for something. I know I could have done better with my physique or my weight issue after entering my 30s but..... I guess this is something I have to go through - a challenge that is yet to be overcome.

So thankful for the one who took this picture :-)
Overall, I am very happy to see my friends. I only have a few friends and some of them are already missing in action - I do miss them big time but I guess they have decided to move on without keeping in touch.

And the food was great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the need for a dining room set

Tips on How to Effectively Apply Eye Shadow

that's my dad