separation anxiety

"At work, you think of the children you have left at home. At home, you think of the work you've left unfinished. Such a struggle is unleashed within yourself. Your heart is rent." -- Golda Meir

Ever since I got back from work, I couldn't help but think about my daughter back home. Yes, it's separation anxiety. I know all working mothers go through this and it's only a matter of time till they can adjust to the situation, but, I don't know how long it would take for me, I just felt so bad about leaving my daughter behind to the care of a nanny when I should be the one attending to her.

Why bear a child and leave her behind? I thought if my daughter could only complain, she would probably ask me that. Mama and papa needs to work baby, so we can afford raising you and sending you to school someday.

It's called a mother's sacrifice. It's painful having to leave your child to somebody else, especially when that somebody is not even your relative. I don't want to think that Dipdip will feel more for her yaya more than her very own mother. I'd still like to think that the bond between a mother and a child could not be easily erased.

I am Dipdip's mother. Nothing and no one can take her away from me.

Comments

  1. It's hard to be a working mother, but you have to do it because it does take a lot of money to raise children these days. I know you'd be more than happy to stay home and raise her, but I know that you and the hubby have to work.

    Don't ever feel bad about working too. Think of all the times you can spend with her WHEN you're not working. That'll cheer you up. Also, if you can, make a screensaver or desktop wallpaper of Dipx2 on your work pc (if you're allowed to). Keep pics of her all over your desk, wallet, and cell. You'll never feel too far from her if you do that.

    Most importantly: take loads of pictures and videos! You won't miss a moment.

    ;)

    Great shots of you and your angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks dear! i'll take your advice. *wink*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the need for a dining room set

the pink blouse and memories from the past Christmases

A Merry Bloated Christmas