on grandmother's funeral

Last Saturday, we went to attend grandmother's funeral. It was one hot afternoon but the heat was tolerable since our aunt hired a bus to get us all to the cemetery. We were told that she actually hired two buses; so, me and my family (dad, me and my sister, husband and kid) chose to ride on one bus with less people still on it so we can be comfortably seated. However, after we went a few kilometers and stopped at an unexpected destination, we realized that we didn't know the rest of the people that were on the bus. It was then clear to us that we were on the wrong bus! Thanks to SMS and mobile technology, we were able to communicate with my other two siblings. Fortunately, the bus that they were on was still coming; so eventually, we were able to ride on the right bus. Even in times of mourning, some circumstances such as this happen so that we can see the funny side of life. In fact, I have also recalled that in another funeral we have attended some two years ago, we have also experienced one funny situation wherein we have mistakenly eaten the snacks served by  another bereaved family who mistook us for their relatives. Boy, were we embarrassed but it's a good thing that they didn't notice the blunder we made; so, we quickly got ourselves away from the wrong crowd. :-)

Going back to the topic on grandmother's funeral, I was really touched by our aunt's eulogy. When she recalled and said a lot of good things about grandmother, I also remembered my late mom's character. How my aunt described our grandmother was almost exactly how I would describe my mom as a mother when she was alive. When it was my turn to say my piece, I wasn't able to completely get all my thoughts together but I was able to thank my grandmother for everything that she was when she was alive. What I am today is also partly because of her because she has raised our mom so well that she was also able to impart her parenting skills to us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the need for a dining room set

the pink blouse and memories from the past Christmases

Tips on How to Effectively Apply Eye Shadow