the changes in my life

I used to be this thin!
What was going on with me?
I've gained a lot of weight and it started when I got pregnant. Losing weight has been so DIFFICULT to do even if it's been more than a year and a half since I've delivered our little girl to this world. I didn't think I can still attribute this to post maternal weight anymore. I believe this has something to do with not watching my appetite (I am a sucker for rice) and not moving a lot because I have focused on my sedentary job and other things that keep me longer on the computer.

How did this change affect me?
To tell you the truth, I didn't like the change I see in my body. I wasn't feeling really good about myself before just looking at my still bulging belly in the mirror. I didn't like it that nothing I have in my closet that I would wear would look good on me. I thought that was already enough to badly injure me and my self-esteem. But there was more.

Who encouraged me to change?
Because of how unfit my body looks, husband would sometimes tease me about it so that I would be encouraged to do a regular routine of exercise with him. My husband was forgiving about the way I look but he was really concerned about my health because lately I've been feeling a lot of aches and pains in my body. He said that if I were only a few pounds off my weight, I wouldn't be feeling these aches and pains.

Also, I really couldn't help others from noticing how bad I look now, physically. Sometimes, I would rather that they just keep their thoughts to themselves rather than commenting something about my weight which I already know about. You know truth really hurts. And there are comments from people we can take - depends on how they are delivered.


I also got an advice from someone I really look up to – my mom's sister. She told me privately (via email) after looking at my recent pics that I should try to lose weight because our family has history of hypertension (mom died of brain aneurysm triggered by high blood pressure).

A work in progress
I have taken my aunt's advice to:
1. Make time to walk 30 minutes a day;
2. Limit on rice, carbs, sweets, etc.
3. No sodas or fruit juices, just water!
4. Stay healthy and pretty for myself and hubby.

I just hope I'd be able to stick to this healthy route. It will be my birthday tomorrow. :-)

This is my official entry to blankpixels' Thirty on 30 Changes In My Life Blog Contest.

Comments

  1. i understand your frustration about gaining weight, Jo. we always like to look and feel about ourselves but maintaining a healthy and fit body seem to involve so much hard work, hehe!

    didn't breastfeeding help? they always say it would help u lose weight if you breastfeed, i don't know how much truth to that but just curious, gi breastfeed ba nimo si dipdip sauna jo?

    ako pud tapulan kaau ko muexercise. hehe. i wonder unsa kaha ako hitsura ani after i give birth. right now ok pa ang weight gain coz naa pa bata sa tiyan pero when i give birth, i wanted to go back at least to my pre-pregnancy weight and look unta. i know i wasnt really sexy even then , hahaha but at least gamay gamay than right now na buntis ko. hahay life, hehe. but anything for the bb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Meretrisha. May you have many more blessed and abundant birthdays to come. In order to lose weight try these suggestions:
    1. Drink 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar mixed with 1 tbsp of honey in a glass of cold water to be taken after every meal. It will burn your unwanted fats.
    2. Drink lots of water and natural fruit juices. They also eliminate toxins and fats from your bodoy.
    3. Eat only a small portion like a sandwich at supper and try to eat it before six pm.
    4. Try deep breathing exercises after your regular exercise like brisk walking or any aeroboic exercise.
    5. Just eat fruits and vegetables for one week. No meat, no carbohydrates. That will cleanse your system of toxins and fats.
    6. Eat foods with fibers and bran to stimulate regular bowel movement.
    7. Do dance exercises in your own living room.

    Doing all these will surely reduce your weight. Thanks for the post. God bless you all always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that losing weight is not that easy. But if you are fullr determined and you have something to hold on, then the change that you want to happen will be possible.

    We have the opposite dilemma naman, I want to gain weight (believe me, it is so hard!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. @jenn: thanks. i've breastfed but only for a while because i went back to regular office work back then. you're sexy oi.. good luck and have a safe delivery soon.
    @mel: thanks for sharing your tips. i was looking for apple cider vinegar at the grocery yesterday but can't find one. i'll ask the staff next time.
    @deejspeaks: hahaha.. it's funny we're in opposite situation. by the way, i'll go check out your entry too

    ReplyDelete
  5. lyzacruz88.blogspot.comNovember 19, 2010 at 6:48 AM

    I guess that's my problem too...I was so thin before but when I gave birth I really gained a lot of weight & had a hard time losing it...I don't want to think that I gave up already, I guess I'm just getting tired of trying diff things to lose down weight...sarap kase kumain e LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow sis same here, di naman ako super thin before but my tummy is smaller. hehe. that's my problem.

    pero good for you you've taken an effort to change.

    go go go! kaya mo yan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @lyza/hahpiness: mga sis, thanks for your comments.. let's not give up then.. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the need for a dining room set

Tips on How to Effectively Apply Eye Shadow

that's my dad