music monday: opposites attract by juris

I have a new favorite song that I would like to share with all the music monday participants and to my few mashkan readers as well. Sometimes I do feel like the easiest job in the world that won't feel like a job at all would be being a DJ on the radio. Oh, that's if you like all kinds of music and you love to chit chat with your listeners. Agree or disagree? Hmmm, just a thought but I am actually not considering it because I don't have a lovely speaking voice, anyway. LOL.

Anyway, going back to the song - this one is entitled "Opposites Attract", sang by one of my favorite OPM singers, Juris Fernandez. She was once the lead vocalist to the MYMP band. Now, she's a signed member of the ASAP Sessionistas.

I dedicate this song to my hubby.  I really can't wait for October, huh! Check out the song - nice melody, nice lyrics, nice voice. What a great package!



Opposites Attract (Lyrics)

You're a morning kind of person
Everything is spic and span
I could live with all the clutter
Stay so late at night I can
I would often think it out loud
Say whatever's on my mind
You would rather keep your mouth shut
Leave the details all behind

You take me just as I am
No more, no less, just as I am, oh yeah

I wanna go right, you'd rather go left
I wanna go fight, you'd rather be quiet
I wanna be right, you'd rather be wrong
I wanna be weak, you'd rather be strong
Movin' along, singin' our song
Opposites do attract
Needing each other, always together
Opposites still attract

You would rather choose to follow
I would rather lead the play
I would do it all tomorrow
You would do it all today
I just want the nitty-gritty
You would rather summarize
Every detail of the story
That you never emphasize

You take me just as I am
No more, no less, just as I am, oh yeah

I wanna go right, you'd rather go left
I wanna go fight, you'd rather be quiet
I wanna be right, you'd rather be wrong
I wanna be weak, you'd rather be strong
Movin' along, singin' our song
Opposites still attract
Needing each other, always together
Opposites still attract

You take me just as I am
No more, no less, just as I am, oh yeah

I wanna go right, you'd rather go left
I wanna go fight, you'd rather be quiet
I wanna be right, you'd rather be wrong
I wanna be weak, you'd rather be strong
Movin' along, singin' our song
Opposites still attract
Needing each other, always together
Opposites still attract

Movin' along, singin' our song
Opposites do attract
Needing each other, always together
Opposites do attract

Movin' along, singin' our song
Opposites still attract
Needing each other, always together
Opposites still attract

Movin' along, singin' our song
Opposites still attract
Needing each other, always together
Opposites still attract




Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the actual post link here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.  

PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

Comments

  1. Thank you, it's my first time to hear this song! It's nice to see that Juris is singing an original this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice choice mere. first time to hear this song.. hehehe... i like it. i could relate to "Everything is spic and span
    I could live with all the clutter
    Stay so late at night I can"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful song. She really has a melodic voice. I've never heard of her, but now I'd like to listen to her songs. What a lovely dedication to your husband, as well. I know you can't wait for October to come around! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will make a very good DJ and I will be one of those who will follow your program, lol. The song is indeed beautiful. October would probably be the anniversary month of you and your hubby. Thanks for the post. God bless you all always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe, as a former DJ myself (I worked in radio for three years) I have to agree that it is a super easy job! :-) I think about doing it again once Logan is in school. But I have to say I enjoy learning more about different artists here in the blogosphere like from your Music Mondays! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @andrea: i'm sure you'd have a lot of listeners if you get back to being a DJ again

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the need for a dining room set

the pink blouse and memories from the past Christmases

Tips on How to Effectively Apply Eye Shadow