the sendoff

Before my brother flew back to Abu Dhabi, the family dined out together per his request. This is like his sendoff party. It was not our first time to eat at Chika-an restaurant but it was our first time to dine in at their branch in Park Mall, Cebu. We love to eat at Chika-an's because they serve, among other things, grilled pork, sinigang, lumpia shanghai, chopsuey, and cooked monggo beans (mung beans)!


  My all-time favorite is chopsuey!

Although we can cook these dishes at home, we needed some ambiance once in a while. Besides, it's one of the neatest places where everybody can meet up because we're already residing in different parts of Cebu.

He'll be gone again, huh!


Dad looked a little sad right there...

We sat outside, too (for posterity's sake)

Is there someone missing in the picture?

Oh, there she is! We're family...

I hope to show MORE pictures but nah, I'll probably post some of them in Facebook one of these days. Or I'll probably use some of them to my other site. I have a big dream for that site but I'm still trying to build that dream. A work in progress. If you haven't been there, please do try to visit it if you'd like to become part of that dream. :-)

Comments

  1. That was a nice send off party for your brother who is scheduled to leave for abroad. I agree with you that although you can cook all that you ordered from that restaurant, the ambiance and the spirit of togetherness will be felt more in a restaurant. Your lower pictures are very dark and could not be easily seen. Yes, I will try to visit your other blog. Thanks for the feel good post. God bless you all always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's good to be back here jo! i enjoyed the family captures. daku na jud si inday dip2x. naglaway ko nag tan-aw sa chopsuey dah. i really wish im in pinas right now, ive been missing my fave pinoy foods lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're SOOO lucky to live near a restaurant that serves such yummy foods. Filipino ones too! ;)

    I hope your brother has a safe flight on his way back to Abu Dhabi, and that he'll be home again soon one day. You're right---your dad looks a little sad in the picture, but I hope he didn't stay that way for long.

    Also, I love the shot of you all in the last picture. Look at Dipx2's expression! It's so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @brother mel: thanks.. and sorry about the last 3 pictures. these were taken at night time and what with a sick camera, i can't expect much from it. :-)
    @jenn: good to see you gracing my comments section again net. hope you're doing well with your pregnancy...makatilaw ra ka ani puhon
    @bchai: thanks. well, it's still far to me because it's an hour away (traffic included) from where we were staying. i believe bro's arrived by now. reminds me to check in on him later.
    and by the way, thanks for the compliment about the last picture. i really insisted on adding that in despite the dark effect because it's priceless to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great restaurant!

    By the way, when you mentioned Abu Dhabi I had to laugh - I just saw Sex and the City 2 over the weekend which took place there and the storyline was comical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @andrea: oh, i wish i had seen it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the need for a dining room set

Tips on How to Effectively Apply Eye Shadow

that's my dad