children and politics

In lieu of the upcoming May 2010 Elections in the Philippines, I thought it would be timely to share this politics anecdote that my mom had wrote in her journal:

Did You Or Didn't You ?

My husband had run as a candidate in our barangay.

Once in a while we got misunderstandings because even then we almost lost our privacy. Now and then, even if we slept, someone knocked on our doors. Others came when we were very busy...just to ask donations and others... quite intentional during the campaign period.

"You've not yet seated, you have already too many commitments, how much more if you're elected!" was my comment, shared by my eldest daughter, a 17-year old college student.

"Never mind, we, our party agreed to give!" was his reply.

After the election, he landed almost at the bottom. In short, he wasn't elected. Since I was not unhappy, my children looked at me with a suspecting eye, "
Mom, did you vote for Dad?"
:-)

Comments

  1. LOL! I wonder if your mom did vote for him. Maybe she didn't, since he ended up nearly at the bottom.

    Does it get crazy during election-time in the Philippines? Just be careful and be safe wherever you all plan to head to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! your mom has a great sense of humor. :) she never fails to make me laugh with her anecdotes. :) being in politics is not something anyone would aspire anyway, its just too dirty and chaotic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @bchai: it sure looked like she didn't. but she probably did too. i think it was just a case of an answered prayer. LOL

    @jenn: thanks.. i really wish you had met her

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom sounded like a fun person. :-) That is neat that your dad ran even though it sounds like it was for the better that he didn't win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks, andrea.. she was indeed a fun person. she loved to share jokes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the need for a dining room set

Tips on How to Effectively Apply Eye Shadow

that's my dad