A Year In The Life of Dip-Dip

It's been a year ago since I've written about coming home with Baby Pauline (Dip-Dip) from the hospital. This time, I'd like to do a little recap with DipDip's one year milestone.

Newborn
It was March 26, 2009 when I delivered Dip-Dip via Caesarian, it wasn't a planned Caesarian. It was a decision we both had to make at the eleventh hour to ensure that she will be safely delivered into this world. I guess Dipdip pretty much liked it inside my womb that she didn't want to come out. And of course, it also had something to do with my safety as well. It's funny because some friends would blame it on my age (referring to me as "old") because I had Pauline at the age of 32 years old. But what can I do - I only got married just a few days before I would turn 31, ya know. Well, anyway, we were so happy that the Lord has answered our prayers to bless us with a child.

She was 6.8 lbs (3.1 kgs) when I delivered her. Not bad!

First Month
This was a picture taken on her first month. I didn't get to breastfeed her like I wanted to because I had postpartum hypertension. I was advised to rest during nighttime so it was my hubby who would usually wake up during the night to bottle feed her. At daytime, I would try to breastfeed her but oftentimes my milk production can't also keep up with her appetite. She got used to the bottle all the more when I had to go back to my office work.


Second Month
I was lucky to have a very supportive husband. Hahaha.. I just have to post this photo of him trying to look tired from looking after the baby. I guess he held Dipdip more during the first two months of her life because he wanted me to get some rest too so I can fully recover from postpartum hypertension. Although we did hire a nanny to attend to Dipdip when we would go to work, we made sure we still have time for her especially on weekends. The baby also sleeps with us at night time, of course.

Third Month
 Little Dipdip, on her third month, would already try to feed on her hand or her wrist.


Fourth Month
One of the highlights when Dipdip entered her fourth month was her baptismal. It was on July 5, 2009 when we had her baptized.

Fifth Month
On her fifth month, she already started "paying for her milk" -- an expression so common among us here when the babies would already connect with their parents to amuse them. At this stage in her life, she would already look and smile at us. In this picture she played peek-a-boo.

Sixth Month
It was during her sixth month when she started to eat cereals as her first solid food. At this time, I decided to become a stay at home mom and find work online.

Seventh Month
I guess it was within her seventh month when she started teething.

Eighth Month
 At eight months, she became my little fashionista. She is also fond of the camera.

 Ninth Month

On her ninth month, she would already walk with the help of a stroller.

I love this picture of her! This is courtesy of Marie Shiela.

Tenth Month


On her tenth month, she would look forward to outdoor walks. Yes, gradually, she's learning to walk by herself.

Would she become a great pianist in the future? :-)

Or will she become a best selling author in the years to come? Who knows?

Eleventh Month

On her eleventh month, she wants MORE attention... And we're giving her that, too. They say, in parenting, love is spelled as T-I-M-E and I rightly believe so.

Twelfth Month

Celebrating one year of birth! Praise be to God! Will post her birthday celebration on a separate blog soon. :-)

Comments

  1. Happy ONE year, Dipx2! My, she's grown so much over the year, huh? I'm glad you and the hubs were able to document them all in pictures, because they're so precious. Kids grow so fast, it's so unreal.

    Also, thank you so much for sharing stories of Dipx2 BEFORE and AFTER your pregnancy. It really was awesome getting to know how your pregnancy affected you, and how you dealt with the ups and downs of it. It's really a pleasure to read how much you've grown as a wife and a mother. Truly, a fine example of one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, thank you too, bchai! you've been a great help during my pregnancy as well. all your advices and cheering-ups really helped me with this parenting and motherhood kind of thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was wonderful! I loved seeing pictures of her over her first year and reading about some of her milestones. And by the way, 32 is not old to have a baby. . .at least here that is average!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the need for a dining room set

the pink blouse and memories from the past Christmases

Tips on How to Effectively Apply Eye Shadow