and so it's goodbye

.... Consequent to the foregoing, we wish to inform you that we shall be constrained to retrench you effective August 31, 2009. Nonetheless, you shall receive all corresponding benefits due to you. Should we be notified of changes in the circumstances necessitating a resumption of the work force, we shall give you preferential priority......
I promised myself not to be overly dramatic. I knew it was coming. My retrenchment. Was it something I expected? Something I looked forward to? Or something I didn't want to happen? I won't divulge my answer to these questions. All I know is that my time has come. I'll be leaving the company in less than a month from now. For five long years, this company has honed me to become the best that I can be. Now it's time to spread my wings and fly. What's in store for me outside? I remember my mom used to tell me things that she learned from the bible. Things which helped me hold on to my faith in God. Now even though mom is no longer present physically with us, I can still hear her telling me these powerful words-- "No sparrows fall to the ground without the will of God." I know He has bigger and better plans for me. It is time to move on.

I'm placing an ad here for all interested employers (wink): Please send your applications to me privately. Previous applicants need not apply. :) Just kidding. I might blog about my quest for a new employer pretty soon. Hopefully, I might try being a WAHM.

Comments

  1. sorry to hear that jo. im sure there's something good in store for u. just dont lose hope. rest alng usa while bb is still hope. u take care always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks net. i wish i could rest longer but i would need a new job soon. take care too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! The comment block is fixed. LOL. Last time I tried to leave a comment, it wouldn't show up. ;)

    I'm so sorry to hear about the job, hon. I really am. I think that something bigger and better is waiting for you and the family. I can feel it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear that ... the company truly has honed you, and you are worthy and ready for the better things ... good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks bchai, i feel so much better. i'm prepared for the worst :)

    hi master pearl, is that really you? thanks for the inspiring message

    as the Beatles song goes, i'll get by with a little help from my friends

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the need for a dining room set

Tips on How to Effectively Apply Eye Shadow

that's my dad