my baby's gender

and the element of surprise was gone last friday -- we are getting a girl!

the polls are right. baby girl wins! unless the ultrasound or the sonologist made a mistake about it because i've read about odd cases like this.

some of my friends made some guesses that i'm getting a boy because to them i didn't look my best. or i looked different from what i used to be. i heard about this a lot of times that i didn't really bother to fix myself up anymore. it's like my subconscious wanted them to be right about it [all right now, i looked awful, so you maybe right, it's a boy]. there was a time my husband asked me why i didn't comb my hair. i jokingly told him, "i'm getting you a baby boy" and we just laughed about it. when i sent dad an SMS telling him that we're getting a girl soon, he said he knew it's a girl. i was touched because in my father's eyes, i looked blooming with my pregnancy. well anyway, all these are anything but guesses. we wouldn't know the baby's gender because of how a pregnant woman looks or through the shape of her belly.

we kept telling everyone we don't care about the gender just as long as the baby's healthy but it was inevitable to have our own preference. at one point i told my husband it's cute to have a baby girl -- i'll dress her up, fix her hair, buy her some cute dolls and toys, etc., but stephen said he's guessing it'd be a boy because my nose got bigger than it used to be. i knew he had hoped for a boy, he just didn't say it aloud. my mother-in-law told him it's normal for a wife to hope for a baby girl and the husband to want a baby boy but eventually the couple will accept what's being given to them. hmmm, hubby will have another girl in his life soon, our future daughter. i just hope she won't turn out to be a spoiled, daddy's little girl.

so what's the next step? we don't have a name yet. we are thinking of combining my mom's and MIL's name. diana pauline or diana paula. nothing's fixed yet. suggestions, anyone?

Comments

  1. OH MY GOSH! Congrats on finally knowing the sex of your little one! It's a GIRL! ;)

    I know you and your hubby are going to spoil her silly. I have a feeling your husband will end up spoiling her more.

    I'm happy for the both of you! Now off to decorate your nursery...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...the name. It sounds like a lovely idea. That's the next exciting step of your journey---picking out your little girl's name!

    You'll be calling her by that special name before she's out. You know, she can already hear your voice inside the womb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so it's a girl!!! congrats!! hmmm diana pauline sounds wonderful..i lyk it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! finally you made it known your little one's gender inside jo. hmmm i lost on my last guess, but still i won 'coz i voted in the poll 4 times for 2 boys and 2 girls. hehehehe

    about the name, make it a little French sound Diane Pauline where two names end in letter e. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi ladies, thanks!

    bchai, we're getting excited. we have yet to construct our room come februrary (LOL).

    jen and shanix, thanks! btw, shan, my mom's name is diana, and it rhymes with our surname. so as far as changing it to diane, hmmm, we'll have to think about that.. haven't made up our minds yet though

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the need for a dining room set

the pink blouse and memories from the past Christmases

Tips on How to Effectively Apply Eye Shadow